Hubbard manhunt

HUBBARD – An attempt to serve a felony warrant for a Hubbard man turned into a manhunt late Thursday morning when the man ran into a nearby forest. He remained at large Thursday night.

Police were looking in and around both Hubbard and Liberty, searching for Ted Frisch, who is charged with robbery, assault and disorderly conduct.

According to Hubbard Township Police Chief Todd Coonce, the search began at state Route 304 and Gale Avenue across from Hubbard Lumber.

The Ohio State Highway Patrol Special Response Team, Trumbull County Sheriff’s Office and Weathersfield and Hubbard Police were all at the scene. Officers also employed a tracking dog.

Coonce said the hunt began at around 11 a.m. when officers arrived at Stoneybrook Mobile Home Park to serve an arrest warrant, but discovered that the Frisch had fled.

Coonce noted that officers were being aided by Frisch’s cell phone. He contacted his girlfriend, and officers used the phone’s GPS to get a fix on his possible whereabouts.

“The last time we got a ping of his cell phone, it was (near the Liberty Township Fire Station on Logan Way),” Coonce said. “He’s also been trying to text his girlfriend. He’s called her a few times, but he never says anything.”

According to court records, Frisch was initially charged on May 11 in Girard Municipal Court. Coonce said the charges stem from a dispute with his live-in girlfriend, who reported that Frisch had taken her cell phone and assaulted her in the process.

On June 13, Municipal Judge Jeffrey D. Adler set bail at $2,500, of which Frisch posted 10 percent, and required Frisch to be outfitted with an ankle monitor.

On Monday, Frisch failed to report back to court for the hook up of his ankle monitor, prompting officials to issue a warrant for his arrest. Two days later, Frisch also failed to appear for a preliminary hearing and pretrial.

Coonce said that authorities remain on the hunt for Frisch, and officers have been making trips through Stoneybrook Mobile Home Park in the chance he attempts to return home.

“He’s out there, and he hasn’t been spotted by anyone, but we’ll get him eventually,” Coonce said.